See How We’re Helping to Deliver Safe Smiles Everyday
We have resumed our services strictly observing the guidelines set by the C.D.C., O.S.H.A and State Dental Board to continue attending to our patients for all dental problems.
We have put in place measures to provide a safe and clean environment for you to receive dental care without worry or concern.
Our team has received additional training to make sure that our processes meet high sterilization and sanitation standards. Moreover, we have reviewed our infection control procedures to respond to the current global concern.
Visit any of our offices with confidence, knowing that you will get the best dental services. Some of the additional measures we have taken to improve safety for our patient and team include:
- Raised infection control standards – The rooms and instruments are thoroughly sterilized and disinfected between each patient.
- Social distancing – When you come to our office for your appointment, you will have to wait outside the office and wait to be notified when the team will be ready.
- Preemptive screening – All staff members and patients will be screened and temperatures taken upon arrival. You will be asked to provide additional health history information for follow up.
- Observing standard sterile protocols – Our personnel adheres to all necessary sterile protocols, including using personal protective equipment (P.P.E.s), hand hygiene, safe injection practices, sharp safety, respiratory hygiene, sterile instruments, and devices. Also, all environmental surfaces and common areas are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Wear a mask – Ensure you wear a mask when coming for your appointment or treatment.
We welcome you to our offices to get a wide selection of dental treatments. If you have any questions or concerns with your dental appointment, feel free to call us at (703)0997-0928.
COVID-19 Patient Screening Questionnaire
You will be asked the questions below when you arrive at our office. If your temperatures exceed 100.4 or answer yes to any of the following questions, your appointment will be postponed to a later date. This is meant to protect our team and other patients.
- Have you traveled to a country with an active community-based spread of COVID-19 or any other geographic region in the United States with sustained community transmission of COVID-19 within the last fourteen (14) days?
- Have you come into direct contact within the last fourteen (14) days with a person suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19?
- Have you in the last fourteen (14) days been close to a person with any of the following symptoms fever, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, body aches, lack of smell or taste, and shortness of breath?
- Within the last fourteen (14) days, have you experienced any of the following symptoms cough, fever, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, body aches, sore throat, and lack of smell or taste?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19?