Teeth can become dingy or stained for many reasons. Smoking cigarettes or using other tobacco products can yellow your teeth. Certain foods and drinks, such as mustard, berries, wine, coffee, tea, and cola, also have staining properties. In addition, some medications can stain your teeth.
Why Use Professional Whitening?
Many people desire to have a whiter, more attractive smile. With so many whitening strips, toothpastes, and other products available in stores, however, many people think they can just use at-home remedies to effectively whiten their teeth.
However, you should know that the effect these products can have on your teeth is quite limited. If you are serious about getting a whiter smile, it’s necessary to visit a dentist who provides teeth whitening treatment.
- With professional, in-office teeth whitening, patients have access to stronger, more effective whitening gel than what is found in at-home whitening kits. By undergoing teeth whitening treatment, you will avoid repeatedly purchasing disappointing products that do not provide you with the results you desire.
- Teeth whitening can also be used in combination with other cosmetic dental treatments to obtain an overall beautiful smile. Patients who are using the Invisalign clear braces system can use their aligners as whitening trays by simply adding whitening gel to the aligners. This treatment combination allows patients to get a straighter and whiter smile simultaneously.
Getting a Whiter, More Beautiful Smile
- Teeth whitening is an easy and relatively short process. Dr. Rayek simply applies the whitening gel to the teeth and then uses a special light to activate the gel. Whitening treatments often take only one office visit.
- For significant stains, stronger bleaching treatments are also available.
- For patients with particularly severe or stubborn stains, a follow-up appointment may be necessary to achieve the desired shade. You may also be given a professional whitening kit to help you maintain your results at home.
It’s Time for Your New, White Smile
Your smile is one of the very first things people notice about you, which is why it’s so important to make sure your smile is one you are proud of. When we have white teeth, we appear healthier and therefore more attractive to others. Getting a whiter smile can also significantly improve your self-esteem, enabling you to smile with confidence.
Teeth whitening treatments are an easy, safe way to significantly improve the appearance of your smile in a short amount of time. Contact Smiles at Reston Town Center today to learn more about your options for getting a whiter smile you’ll be happy to show off.