You probably already researched the basics of dental implants; but how much do you really know about dental implants?
Well, our implant dentists are here to share some fascinating statistics from the American Academy of Implant Dentistry.
Dental implants statistics and facts
- The scientific literature suggests that dental implants have a success rate of 98 percent. That is definitely reassuring for all patients interested in implants!
- Approximately 30 million people in the United States are missing all of their teeth (in one jaw or both jaws).
- It is estimated that roughly 3 million people have tooth implants; this number continues to grow at a staggering rate of 500,000 per year!
- It is estimated that roughly 15 million people throughout the United States have a crown or a bridge to replace missing teeth.
- Approximately 10% of dentists throughout the United States place dental implants, and this percentage increases as time goes on.
- An estimated 5,505,720 United States dentists perform the teeth implant procedure (according to statistics from 2006).
- An estimated 3,103,930 United States general dentists perform the teeth implant procedure (according to statistics from 2006).
So how much do you really know about dental implants and the implant dentistry field? Were you surprised by any of these statistics? I know we were surprised by some!
Teeth implants to restore your smile
If you are missing one or more teeth, or if you suffer from an ill-fitting denture (or a removable bridge), then dental implants might be right for you. Dental implants provide a practical, effective, and safe alternative to partial dentures.
Actually, many of our patients believe that implants look much better and feel better than traditional bridges or dentures.
Tooth implants will last for a very long time compared to other restorative dentistry services. With dental implants, we can replace one or several teeth (without using the surrounding teeth). This provides a more conservative approach to replacing your missing tooth with a natural-looking tooth.
- One of the many benefits of implants– patients no longer have to worry about messy adhesives or pastes that are used to hold dentures in place. Implants are placed securely in the jawbone for long-lasting, permanent results.
Rest assured, our dentists are committed to providing you and your family with the utmost, professional dental care possible. You can be confident that we are well-qualified and highly trained to successfully place your dental implants.
We will act with precision and accuracy when planning your treatment, and when performing the procedure. That way, you can love your new smile with natural-looking dental implants.
To learn even more about dental implants, we invite you to browse through our website (including our dental blog). If you cannot find the answers to your questions, feel free to call Smiles at Reston Town Center.